Magazine Display Ad Submission Guidelines
Required formatting (digital submissions preferred):
- CMYK (4-color) format. (If sending PDF, make sure file is CYMK before saving.) Or, RGB format.
- 300DPI, high resolution, correct size at 100% based on space purchased
- File formats are: PDF or JPG only
- (MS Word and Publisher ARE NOT acceptable [DOC or PUB] formats)
- Text fonts must be converted to outlines or embedded
- NO FLASH BANNERS ACCEPTED
- Embedded Links must be reported to ad sales rep at time of ad submission and include URL
- All URLs must link to a secure website (https://)
|Full Page (no bleed)
7.5″w x 10″h
2250 x 3000 pixels
Full Page (bleed)
8.5″w x 11″h
2594 x 3330 pixels
(All text should be .4″
off the edge)
Trim size is 8.25″ x 10.75″
|1/2 Page Horizontal
7.5″w x 4.91″ h
2250 x 1460 pixels
1/2 Page Vertical
4.91″w x 7.5″ h
1470 x 2250 pixels
7.5″w x 3.2″ h
2250 x 960 pixels
2.33″w x 10″ h
700 x 3000 pixels
4.9″w x 4.91″h
1470 x 1470 pixels
7.5″w x 2.33″h
2250 x 700 pixels
2.33″w x 7.5″h
700 x 2250 pixels
4.91″w x 3.5″h
1470 x 1050 pixels
4.91″w x 2.33″h
1470 x 700 pixels
1/6 Horizontal PLUS
7.5″w x 1.75″h
2250 x 525 pixels
2.33″w x 4.91″h
700 x 1470 pixels
Video Enhancement Required formatting :
- Maximum 100 MB in .avi, .dv, .dvcPro, .flv, .f4v(h264), .mpeg1, .mpeg2, .mpeg4/.mp4, .mov, .wmv, .3gp(mobile phones) format
- Suggested 2 minutes in length; on demand only
- Video Overlay Sample
- No discounts apply.
- NO FLASH BANNERS ACCEPTED
- Ads may be submitted via email (preferred), or postal mail (on disk). All artwork should be emailed to artwork (at) theoldschoolhouse (dot) com. If the image or video is too large, please place it in Dropbox (or similar service) and email that link to the artwork department.
- For the digital version, any EMBEDDED LINKS must be reported to ad sales rep at time of submission.
- Due to the variations in file formats and printing processes, TOS cannot guarantee perfect color matching of advertisements.
- Submission of advertising materials for potential publication constitutes a waiver of all claims relating to color matching and other minor errors in printing and formatting quality.
- All artwork, text, and other components must be the legal property of the submitting advertiser. Copyrighted material or material belonging to a third party may be used only with the written permission of the owner or copyright holder, a copy of which must be furnished to TOS along with the artwork and advertisement.
- TOS will not attempt to obtain permission for use of protected works and bears no liability for copyright infringement or other illegal conduct by advertisers or contributors.
- Advertisements that do not conform to TOS file guidelines will incur additional fees for necessary conversion, alterations, and editing. Please contact TOS in advance with questions concerning the file specifications and/or requirements.
- TOS reserves the right, but has no obligation, to accept additional file types on a case-by-case basis. Advertisers should contact TOS for verification and instructions before sending files of any types other than the acceptable files formats listed above.
- Conversion charges will be assessed for any advertisement submitted in an alternative format or otherwise requiring conversion to TOS standard formats.